Finding a Nursing Home
The decision to move a family member or a loved one into a nursing home is one of the most difficult decisions you can make. When faced with the overwhelming and stressful job of finding the right nursing home, often-times families don’t know where to begin. At times like these, it's important that you pause, take a deep breath, and understand that there are things you can do. And although this is a job that no one looks forward to doing, it can be done with forethought and confidence to make the best decision possible.
When nursing home placement is necessary, it is crucial that the family and/or potential resident decide what’s most important to them in looking for a facility. It is important that the resident’s needs and preferences be included in this evaluation. Things such as location of the facility, if a special care unit is necessary, type of payment options available, etc. should be considered when beginning this process.
If you are planning for a long-term stay, our Nursing Home, Assisted Living and Hospice Care Guide will provide you with the steps you should be taking and answer your questions so you can make the right choices for you and your loved one. This helpful Guide includes:
- A county-by-county listing of Nursing Homes, Assisted Living, and Hospice facilities in our area, including the contact information and services provided.
- A comprehensive list of “tour” questions to ask as you visit various facilities.
- A nursing home Evaluation Form, which helps you to ask the right questions and compare prospective nursing homes as you choose the right facility for your loved one.
- How to get good care in a nursing home by working with the assessment team at the nursing home. By providing input about your loved one’s preferences, including their medical, psychological, spiritual, and social needs you’ll ensure that they’re getting good care there.
- Division of assets and Medicaid planning, will help you determine whether your loved one qualifies for financial assistance for their long-term care. You’ll learn the steps that you should be taking right now to protect their eligibility.
- Hospice care myths and the truth about when your loved one is eligible and how to pay for it.
Overall, this comprehensive Guide will help you prepare for a long-term care stay, show you how to find the right nursing home, how to get the best possible care there, and how to pay for it without going broke. Be sure to order your free copy now!
Because every family situation is unique, we offer a free 15-minute phone consultation to determine what steps you should be taking now to legally protect your assets and loved ones. Click here to request your free consultation.